There is a great dilemma as to what foods you should never incorporate into your diet. Some are obviously harmful, like junk food, but what about those that we think are safe but are not? We show them below.
Unlike butter, margarine is man-made and is sometimes made from low-quality oils. In addition, it is as caloric as butter and has trans fats which is an unhealthy additive, this can eventually cause bad cholesterol to rise.
2- Canned tomato
Some canned foods contain BPA, which is a toxic chemical for people and is linked to reproductive abnormalities, neurological effects, increased risk of breast and prostate cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and other serious health problems. The high acidity of tomatoes causes this toxic to seep into food.
Processed meats such as salami or ham come from animals raised on farms where they are fed hormones , antibiotics and other drugs that are not healthy when we consume their meats.
The deplorable living conditions that these animals have make them a breeding ground for all kinds of diseases, which are then 'transferred' to us. In fact, these processed meats increase your risk of cancer.
4- Vegetable oils
Although they are often thought to be healthy, these oils are processed and if consumed in large quantities can create the distortion of omega 3 and 6. The risk exists when these liquids are heated as they may not resist well to chemical changes, and they even become stale.
This causes the oil to oxidize and cause cardiovascular disease.
To prevent fats from seeping through the bag, chemicals called perfluoroalkyls are used. This substance is not good for the body and is used for example in microwave popcorn. In fact, it can cause endocrine problems like thyroid and also affect sex hormones causing even fertility problems.
Food already has salt by itself , that is why table salt is not as good as we think because we are adding a substance to the body that it already obtains naturally.
Processed salt is 98% sodium chloride and the other 2% includes man-made chemicals such as moisture absorbents and a little added iodine.
7- Non-organic fruits and vegetables
Although not all conventionally grown fruits and vegetables are subjected to the same amount of pesticide load, most are exposed, especially potatoes. Those that have the least pesticides are corn or papaya, however they are generically modified.
8- Soy protein
The problem with soy is that it is transgenic and is used to create the isolated protein. It is created to withstand lethal doses of herbicides such as glyphosate, which interrupts the female cycle and is toxic to the placenta, which is very harmful to pregnant women.
Soy protein isolate is found in protein bars, meal substitutes, fruit drinks, soups and sauces, meat analogs, baked goods, breakfast cereals, and some food supplements.
9- Artificial sweeteners
Sweeteners like white sugar do not provide any nutrients. The worst thing is that it has empty calories that help promote overweight and type 2 diabetes . Furthermore, sugar makes our teeth and bones weaker and weaker because it affects calcium.
10- Refined flours
Fiber has been removed from these foods, which has also removed many nutrients. These flours cause constipation, make you fat, increase fluid retention and even increase the chances of colon cancer. These flours are present in pasta, bread, pastries, dough, cakes, etc.
Do you consume these foods in excess? Are you going to start eliminating them from your diet?
Share with your friends and family to keep an eye on these foods!
Content created and supplied by: AmazingTopList (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More