1. Bitter melon tea has been used in Asian traditional medicines for treating diabetes since a long time.
2.Latest research states that bitter melon tea elevates blood sugar levels, stimulating digestion and increasing insulin sensitivity.
3.Bitter melon tea is highly recommended to people suffering from sluggish digestion, dyspepsia and constipation.
3.Since ages, bitter melon tea has been used to prevent and treat malaria. Studies have also indicated that bitter melon contains anti-malarial properties.
3.Bitter melon contains compounds that are known to treat HIV/ AIDS infection.
4.It contains compounds that help in regulating fuel metabolism and enabling glucose uptake.
5.Fruits and leaves of bitter melon are a good source of vitamins B and minerals such as iron, calcium and phosphorus.
6.The extract of bitter melon leaves is also known to shrink hemorrhoids.
7. Bitter melon leaves help in preventing and lessening cough and fever.
8. Due to its antimicrobial properties, bitter melon tea is useful for treating infected wounds. It also works well for treating roundworms.
9.One research has indicated that bitter melon tea can be used for treating sterility in women and alleviating liver problems.
Bitter Melon Recipe
• the bitter melon leaves over a couple of days and store them in an airtight container.
• To prepare the tea, wash some bitter melon leaves thoroughly.
• Chop them finely to get about 6 tablespoons of leaves.
• Add the leaves to 2 glasses of water in a pot.
• Boil the water for 15 minutes uncovered.
• Remove and cool the tea.
• Strain thereafter.
• Divide the tea into 3 parts and consume three times a day.
Content created and supplied by: Opicnews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More