How often do you drink a natural, organic, and refreshing beverage per week, especially on hot days? No, most likely.
Well, that's hardly surprising given that we live in a time where the majority of people seek money. It's nice to have money, but what worth does money have when you're gravely "hospitalized" or even "dead"?
It's not always about the fast food, like fufu, indomie, chicken, and other fast foods that we spend our hard-earned money on; sometimes all we need is a nutritious and refreshing smoothie.
As a result, I'm going to share one of my favorite recipes with you today. Cucumber is one of my favorite vegetables, and I also enjoy lemon. So today's recipe is for cucumber lemonade, which is both nutritious and pleasant.
First and foremost, we'll make our ice-cold cucumber lemonade. The ingredients
needed are one cup of water, white sugar (half a cup), cucumber, thinly sliced, and six lemons juiced.
1. In a saucepan, combine the water and sugar and stir until completely combined. Place the pan over a medium heat source and cook until the solution begins to boil. Allow the sugar syrup to chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
While your syrup cools, mash the cucumber into a pulp in a blender, then strain about 2/3 of the cucumber juice from the pulp through a fine-mesh strainer. It may take up to 10-15 minutes to extract 2/3 of the juice, so take your time and enjoy the process.
3. Once you've prepared your syrup, cucumber juice, and lemon juice, combine all of the liquids in a pitcher and stir well. Cucumber lemonade is now ready to drink. Remember to serve chilled.
What Vitamins and Minerals Does This Lemonade Contain?
Cucumber lemonade, like the other components utilized, contains a variety of nutrients. It's nutrient-dense and incredibly hydrating. According to allrecipes.com, some of the nutrients it releases into the body are listed below.
1. Calorie Count: 141
2. Protein: 2.5 g
3.Carbohydrates – 45.5g
4.0.6 g fat
5. Sodium (milligrams) – 8.2
Cucumber Lemonade Has Many Health Benefits
1. Due to the citrus nature of the individual ingredients, particularly the cucumber and lemon, cucumber lemonade aids digestion.
2. This lemonade aids in the body's healing process, and this effect is attributed to the high vitamin C content.
3. It prevents skin exfoliation and aids in the body's detoxification of toxins.
4. It has a pH that is balanced and alkalizes the skin.
Content created and supplied by: Whatsap (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More