Please don't forget to hit the like button.
Shito is a popular pepper sauce among Ghanaians and others in West Africa. It is usually packed and sent to school by Senior High School students. Shito can be eaten with a variety of dishes such as kenkey, waakye, plain rice, gari, banku, and tilapia, among others.
This recipe is for you if you are a student or want to start a shito selling company. Let's get this party started.
1. 15 onions, big.
2. 1 cup crushed dried herrings.
3. 1 cup powdered dried shrimp.
4. 15 big fresh peppers.
5. 3 tbsp pepper powder, dried.
6. 4 tablespoons tomato puree.
7. Clove of garlic.
9. Nutmeg is a spice that has been used for centuries.
10.Seasonings for food.
11. Cooking oil made from vegetables.
12. Ginger root.
1. Clean the onions, ginger, and garlic by washing and peeling them.
2. Cut them up into large chunks.
3. Place onion chunks in a saucepan with cooking oil over medium heat.
4. Combine the ginger, garlic, and pepper in a blender and add to the oil. Stir until the vegetables are tender.
5. Stir in the tomato puree. 20 minutes of stirring
6. Stir the mixture constantly until it turns light brown.
7. Stir in the powdered shrimp and herring, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Add the nutmeg and dried powdered pepper.
9. Continue to cook on low heat until the color is dark brown.
10. Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside to cool.
11. Keep the sauce in a clean, dry bottle with the oil on top.
Thanks for reading.
Content created and supplied by: SenamAma (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More