Caramel sauce is a must-have when it comes to dessert toppings! This stay-soft caramel sauce is rich and decadent, and it's a perfect way to dress up every sweet treat! This caramel sauce recipe is absolutely delicious! It's soft and silky, and it's great on everything from ice cream to apple pie. It stays soft, is simple to prepare, and can even be prepared ahead of time.
Making caramel is similar to making candy, which may make it sound overwhelming, but it isn't! It's easy to be intimidated by the prospect of making your own caramel. After all, the sight of boiling sugar and the threat of scorching can be frightening at first. But I assure you that it is incredibly simple, particularly if you follow these guidelines.
1. 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
2. 1/4 tsp. of salt.
3. 1/4 cup of purified water.
4. 1/3 cup of heavy cream.
5. 4 tbsp. of butter, cubed.
6. 1 teaspoon of corn syrup.
1. Combine sugar, butter, heavy cream, 1/4 cup of water, salt and corn syrup in a medium, heavy-bottom saucepan set over medium-high heat; stir to combine.
2. Cook, without stirring, for 6-8 minutes, or until mixture turns a golden straw colour.
3. Lower the heat to low and cook for 2-5 minutes, swirling the pan occasionally but not stirring the sugar/water.
4. When an instant-read thermometer reads 360°F and the mixture is a light amber colour, the caramel is done.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside. Whisk in the butter quickly and carefully. Add the cream and salt again, gently and easily, and whisk until the sauce is smooth.
6. While the sauce cools, cover it loosely with a paper towel to absorb steam and prevent a crust from forming. Allow the caramel sauce to cool fully before storing it in the refrigerator in an airtight jar.
Thanks for reading.
Content created and supplied by: SenamAma (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More