Sobolo is made out of dried hibiscus or rosella leaves. This is very highly popular beverage in Ghana and other West African countries. Sobolo drink is called Bissap in Burkina Faso and Zobo in Nigeria. There are a lot of health benefits associated with the consumption of sobolo. It helps in regulating cholesterol levels. It also reduces menstrual cramps and speeds up digestion which is effective in weight control.
Ingredients For Sobolo
1 cup dried hibiscus leaves
5 cups boiling water
3 tablespoons sugar
½ cup ground ginger
Any fruit or vegetable slices for garnishing
Methods of preparation
1. First, take four cups of water and let it boil. Add the Hibiscus leaves and boil for about 15 minutes or until the water changes to a deep red color.
2. Once it has brewed to your satisfaction, separate the leaves from the liquid.
3. In a different bowl, pour the boiled water. Pour 3 table spoons of sugar into the water and stir until all has dissolved.
4. Take the one cup of fresh pineapple juice and the ginger and pour it in the sugar and water mixture. Stir thoroughly.
5. Add the mixture to the sobolo juice and whisk together thoroughly.
6. Allow it cool for at least 2 hours.
7. Preferably, you can garnish the sobolo with fruits such as sliced apples, watermelons, orange rinds, and others.
For more tips,please follow my page.
Content created and supplied by: Hammoah_news (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More