Pito is a form of beer made in northern Ghana, parts of Nigeria, and other parts of West Africa from fermented millet or sorghum. Small producers make it, and it's usually served in a calabash outside the producer's house, where benches are sometimes given.
Pito is a traditional Ghanaian drink served at funerals and other social gatherings. It's mostly made of fermented guinea corn. It contains important minerals like Zinc, Magnesium, Calcium, and Iron, which are essential for body and tissue regulation as well as bone growth.
.My mother was able to use the money from this drink to pay for our education. This drink is enjoyed by both men and women. Due to high demand, we sometimes run out of stock.
It's mostly made of fermented guinea corn. It contains important minerals like Zinc, Magnesium, Calcium, and Iron, which are essential for body and tissue regulation as well as bone growth.
1. Guinea corn
3. Few ice cubes
1. Take the guinea corn to the mill to be powdered.
2. Soak the powdered guinea corn in water and stir thoroughly in a large pan.
3. Remove the water on top of the mash once it has settled.
4. Boil the rest of the mash.
5. Once the mixture has reached a boil, pour it into a container and leave it to ferment for 24 hours.
6. Bring the mixture back to a boil once the fermentation is finished.
7. Separate the liquid from the mash by straining the mixture.
8. Dry the initial pito batch after removing the sediment.
9. Pour pito into a calabash or a glass over ice cubes and serve.
Thanks for reading.
I hope you would try it.
Please leave your comments after.
Content created and supplied by: SenamAma (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More