Aprapransa as a complete meal; and however not a food that is commonly found on the streets of Ghana or is prepared every day in the house. It is usually served by the Akan tribe on special occasions such as marriage ceremonies, naming ceremonies, birthday celebrations, family cookouts, etc. Its name derived from the fact that it is a complete meal with its soup/stew integrated that one only needs to wipe their hand (prapra wo nsa) to eat.
Dried fish( Any preferred meat can be added)
Roasted cornmeal flour
1. Wash palm nut thoroughly and boil until the nuts become soft
2. Prepare the meat or fish to be used
3. Put the meat in a saucepan, add blended onions, garlic, ginger, and salt to taste.
4. Allow to steam for 5-10 minutes
5. Add grind pepper and tomatoes to the meat
6. Pass the palm nuts through a colander and pound in clean mortar.
7. Pour the palm nuts into a big bowl and dilute with warm water.
8. Separate the seeds from the husk by straining through a colander.
9. Strain the extract into the saucepan containing the meat and increase the heat.
10. Wash crab and add to the soup
11. Allow soup to boil for 20-25 minutes.
Palm nut soup ready, proceed to Apraprasa preparation:
12. Scoop about 8 ladles of palm nut soup into a separate saucepan
13. Add about 9-10 table spoons of the cornmeal gradually and a spoonful at a time, stirring the mixture at the same time and continuously till desired pasty texture achieved and all lumps completely dissolved.
14. Add a scoop of soup and allow to steam for a couple of minutes.
15. Serve into your bowl, garnishing with the crab on top, and enjoy.
Content created and supplied by: JoyceWarrior (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More