There are three types of honey bees in a hive: the Queen bee, Drone bees and Worker bees. Each has a special role in helping the hive thrive, but only one type forages for nectar and produces honey-The Worker Bees.
One hardworking honey bee produces one 12th of a teaspoon in its entire lifetime. This equates to 12 honey bees producing that single teaspoon. A yummy spoonful of honey stirred into porridge or a smoothie can brighten up breakfast time but take a moment with every mouthful to appreciate their unbelievable dedication.
Honey has been used by humans for thousands of years. Descriptions of its medicinal use are found in the Qur’an and the Bible, as well as in texts by Hippocrates, the Greek physician credited with devising the Hippocratic Oath and considered one of the fathers of early medicine.
This article listed 40 amazing health benefits of honey.
1. Honey is an antibacterial
2. It is a powerful antifungal.
3. It alkalizes the pH of the body.
4. It is a source of minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
5 It strengthens immunity.
6. Drinking hot water with lemon and honey on an empty stomach will speed up weight loss.
7. Honey contains more calories than sugar, but when consumed with hot water it helps digest the fat stored in your body.
8. It promotes the proliferation of good bacteria in the intestine.
9. It stimulates energy and reduces fatigue.
10. The mixture of 2 teaspoons of honey with carrot juice in regular consumption allows to maintain a good sight.
11. It relieves sore throats.
12. It prevents heart disease by improving blood circulation.
13. It soothes burns, disinfects wounds. A simple mixture of honey and garlic applied directly to the infected wounds is sufficient.
14. It reduces inflammation and pain.
15. It contains phytonutrients, which have properties to prevent cancer.
16. It relieves indigestion and acid reflux.
17. It destroys the bacteria that cause acne.
18. It preserves the number of white blood cells in the blood.
19. Against pollen allergies, you need a teaspoon of pure honey several times a day a few months before the allergy season.
20. It eliminates parasites from the liver and colon.
21. A honey-based ointment can be applied to eczema.
22. It prevents ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders.
23. It promotes endurance in athletes.
24. Honey and cinnamon can help relieve arthritis. Mix honey with lukewarm water with a teaspoon of cinnamon. Apply the mixture by massaging the affected part.
25. It heals scalp problems and eliminates dandruff.
26. Honey helps calm anxiety.
27. It reduces metabolic stress.
28. To relieve your sinuses, mix 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger juice with honey, to consume two or three times a day.
29. He takes care of the teeth. Make a paste with honey and cinnamon and apply it to the sore tooth.
30. It moisturizes the skin. Combine a spoonful of honey and two tablespoons of hot water and massage the mixture into your skin.
31. It relieves morning sickness.
32. It calms the hiccups.
33. He cures fever. Take a tablespoon of honey in the morning.
34. Honey helps relieve headaches. Just sip half a glass of lukewarm water with a few teaspoons of honey.
35. It helps to treat pink eye (conjunctivitis). Put a teaspoon of honey in a cup of water and heat just enough to melt the honey. Let cool and use as drops in the infected eye.
36. Against leg cramps, take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey every night before going to bed.
37. It reduces cholesterol levels. Mix two tablespoons of honey and three tablespoons of cinnamon in tea.
38. It treats bad breath. Mix a teaspoon of honey and cinnamon in hot water.
39. To soften your bath water, add honey to it.
40. To avoid a hangover, mix 15 ml of raw honey with 80 ml of orange juice.
Content created and supplied by: AUTHENTICHOME (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More