Before you proceed with this article kindly follow me by clicking on the follow option
Cholera is an acute intestinal infection caused by a bacterium called vibro cholerae which enters into one's system through ingestion of food or water contaminated with the bacterium.
It has a short incubation period of 2-3 days and produces an enterotoxin that causes large quantities, painless, watery diarrhea that can quickly lead to severe dehydration and death if treatment is not promptly given.
Predisposing Causes Of Cholera
1. Improper hand washing after visiting the toilet
2. Indiscriminate defecation
3. Cooking food in dirty environment
4. Poor environmental sanitation
5. Defecating around water bodies
6. Eating cold foods
7. Leaving bowls and plates unwashed
8. Gatherings such as funerals, naming ceremonies etc.
Signs and Symptoms Of Cholera
1. Abdominal pain
4. Faeces has a mild fishy smell
Prevention Of Cholera
1. Health education on environmental sanitation to prevent the breeding of flies
2. Food should be eaten when still hot
3. Proper cooking of sea foods
4. Cover foods from flies
5. Proper waste disposal
6. Public gathering should be discouraged during cholera outbreaks
7. Proper toilets facilities should be made available to residents
8. Avoid buying foods from unhygienic environments
9. And finally, concurrent and terminal disinfection of vomitus and stools of an infected person.
Thank you for reading my article just complete this by liking and commenting on it below
Content created and supplied by: jjlobationisamaestro (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More