The Kidney is a bean-shaped organ that is located at the side of the body. Kidneys are two pair at either sides of the body and are responsible for filtering and removing metabolic waste substances from the body. Due to its important function in the body, when it fails the body also fails.
When the kidneys fail, the body starts to experience abnormalities in many parts and other organs.
Functions of the Kidney
1. The Kidney controls the production of red blood cells.
2. It balances the body's fluids and also remove metabolic waste products from the body.
3. The Kidney is responsible for regulating blood pressure.
4. It also produces active form of Vitamin D that gives the bones optimum strength and keeps it healthy.
Diseases that Affect the Kidney
1. Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
2. Glomerulonephritis (Injury to the part of kidney that filters blood)
3. Kidney Stones (formation of crystallised substance in the kidney)
4. Acute Kidney Injury
5. Pyelonephritis (Inflammation of the Kidney due to bacterial infection).
6. Chronic Kidney Disease
What Should I do to keep my Kidneys healthy
1. Drink Plenty water / Fluids: Taking the required amount of fluids keep the body hydrated and prevent the kidneys from stones. Build up of stones in the kidneys can cause acute injury to the kidneys.
2. Reduce too much intake of salt and sugar
3. Avoid smoking and alcohol intake
4. Avoid sedentary lifestyle and eat healthy.
5. Stop continous taking of Over the Counter medications that can harm the kidneys. Too much intake of drugs like paracetamol and ibuprofen can damage the kidneys.
When Kidneys are affected without any proper care, it can aggravate and cause harm. If Kidney disease becomes chronic, it becomes difficult to treat. Most at times, dialysis is required to reverse the kidneys back to normal. If it worsens, Kidney transplant is needed. There are many complications associated to Kidney disease. There could be death as well, therefore the Kidneys must be protected and kept well.
Content created and supplied by: Ahomka.News (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More