1.Potatoes are rich source of vitamin C, vitamin B6, copper, manganese, and dietary fiber.
2. Sweet potatoes are reasonably low in calories and comprise no fat. They are rich source of beta-carotene, potassium, and vitamin A.
3. Potato is the most efficient food for energy production. The energy produced through potato gets stored as glycogen in muscle and liver; it functions as a readily available energy during prolonged, strenuous exercise. That’s why; it is an important part of players’ diet.
4.Potatoes are low in sodium, nearly fat free and easy to digest. They make active part of any diet.
5.Potatoes are beneficial in curing stomach ulcers and inflamed conditions of the colon.
6. Potatoes are also beneficial in hemorrhoid due to their high fiber content.
7.Potatoes might help prevent cancer in glands and organs with epithelial tissue because of their high Vitamin A content.
8. Potatoes make nice food for diabetics because they help to control blood sugar levels.
9. Potatoes help to improve resistance to heart attack and stroke. The potassium content, available in potatoes, helps in maintaining fluid and electrolyte balance in the body cells.
10.Potatoes also help in normal functioning of heart and keeping a check on blood pressure.
Content created and supplied by: Opicnews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More