From time to time, people get depressed over certain stuff. Ladies often suffer from premenstrual depression almost every month. Depression is due to the decreased levels of serotonin and oxytocin in your body. Combating depression requires a lot of time, patience and practice . Lack of sleep, low energy levels and lack of activity are all symptoms of depression. I come to you with effective ways of fighting depression.
1. Seeking Help From A Counselor. No matter what you’re going through in life, sometimes you just have to speak to someone. Speaking to friends and family sometimes helps. Talking to a licensed counselor is definitely good for your mental health. Talking to such a person can help make the process smoother for you and reduce your guilt.
2. Having Fun. This is one of the best way of fighting depression. Spending quality time with those you love and those who mean a lot to you helps increase the secretion of serotonin. Increased levels of serotonin help improve your mood thus combating depression.
3. Diet. Did you know what we eat has the ability to affect our mood? I guess some of us didn’t. Serotonin is the hormone that is responsible for our happiness. It’s the hormone that’s found in your blood when you’re happy. Foods like dark leafy greens, bananas and salmon are foods that contain serotonin and help elevate depression from you.
4. Trying new things. Spicing up your life certainly boosts its quality. This helps remove the heavy bag of depression that has being weighing you down. New elements such as places, food and friends sometimes provides the right kick you’re looking for. They help redirect your life unto a smooth path.
5. Use of Antidepressants. This can only used when they’re prescribed by a physician. They’re mostly prescribed to people with chronic depression and they help maintain the levels of serotonin in the body by reducing the breakdown of serotonin in the body or increasing its production.
Content created and supplied by: Mandeiya (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More