The physical benefits of yoga
The physical benefits of yoga are embodied in improving the health of the body and reducing sometimes intractable pain, such as: lower back pain, arthritis, headache and carpal tunnel syndrome, and may also reduce blood pressure and insomnia that occurs to humans, and the following is an explanation of the most important physical benefits of yoga when practiced regularly:
1. Improving the strength and balance of the body, in addition to increasing its flexibility, because slow movements and deep breathing.
2. Increases blood flow and warms up the muscles, and fixing the body in a certain position for some time increases its strength.
3. Reducing back pain and improving body movement in people who suffer from this pain as a result of basic stretching exercises, and sometimes yoga is used as a primary treatment for chronic low back pain.
4. Reducing the symptoms of arthritis, which are the tender joint pain and swelling that sometimes affects them.
5. Reducing stress and inflammation levels in all parts of the body, which means promoting and strengthening heart health, as well as reducing some factors that contribute to and prevent heart disease, such as reducing high blood pressure and losing excess weight.
6. Improving sleep health by preparing the body for sleep and continuing it for hours that leads to a healthy body.
7. Improving social contact by participating in yoga exercises with others, and promoting and improving self-care.
Psychological benefits of yoga
The benefits of yoga is not limited to the body alone. These ancient exercises combine physical benefits with mental and psychological benefits.
They include breathing exercises, meditation, and various postures that relax the body and mind and reduce its tension. Here is an explanation of the most important psychological benefits:
1. Promotes relaxation of the body that reduces stress, by reducing the secretion of the hormone cortisol, which is responsible for raising the level of stress, in addition to reducing anxiety to improve psychological and mental health, for example, meditation exercises exercise the soul to control stress.
2. Facilitating the self’s handling of feelings of anxiety, and reducing anxiety disorder that occurs to a person after exposure to a trauma, whose symptoms include severe anxiety and fear after exposure to traumatic events, through practicing calmness exercises and a sense of inner peace.
3. Improving the quality of life by improving mood and reducing feelings of fatigue, in addition to reducing the symptoms of chemotherapy for cancer patients, which include nausea and vomiting, and staying in a better psyche.
4. In addition, it improves sleep quality and increases the chance of making friends during exercise and getting to know others.
5. Reducing the symptoms of depression and sometimes preventing it from occurring or hiding it completely, yoga reduces the secretion of cortisol, which in turn affects the level of serotonin, and serotonin is the neurotransmitter that is associated with the occurrence of depression, and exercises that focus on deep, continuous and regular breathing help in this area.
Benefits of yoga for weight loss
A person loses weight in two ways, the most important of which is changing his eating habits, and this step represents 80% of the percentage of weight loss, and the remaining 20% is summarized in exercise.
Weight loss is the process of getting rid of excess body fat that affects his total weight, and one of the most important of these practices sports is yoga, practicing yoga along with eating 5-6 snacks throughout the day reduces the feeling of unjustified hunger, in addition to practicing yoga exercises with love to ensure continuity and depth to achieve better results, and a balanced diet.
Yoga is characterized by reducing body weight, but in the case of large weights, it takes a lot of time and is performed under the supervision of a specialized person.
The secret behind losing weight from yoga is to correct actions and avoid quick solutions such as wrong diets and unhealthy pills that the body returns to gaining weight quickly after stopping them, while yoga needs to adjust the way of thinking and indulge in hard work to get rid of unwanted calories while enjoying the exercise.
To achieve the goal and lose weight as desired, yoga must be practiced in addition to maintaining eating meals that contain fat and carbohydrates during the day, staying away from fatty meals at the dinner table, and making the most healthy decisions after reaching the age of thirty
Yoga can help in slimming , but in cases of obesity, it may not be enough to lose weight enough, and diet is an essential part of the weight loss process, and exercise alone is not enough.
Content created and supplied by: the_Kelvin_guy (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More