Corn husks are considered almost waste products after it's removed from the corn. It's so because we don't know its benefits to human. Here are some of the benefits of the corn husk.
1. The corn husk is high in vitamin K and potassium. It's used as a herbal remedies to treat diseases such as
(a) bladder infections- that's inflammation of the urinary system
(b) inflammation of the prostate- prostate enlargement
(c) kidney stones and bedwetting.
2. They are also excellent source of vitamin A and B complex which is good for children.
3. Corn husks are rich in pigments such as lutein and zeaxanthin which help to promote proper vision
4. As a wrapper for vegetables and fish before grilling. It is used for wrapping different types of seafoods such as fish, prawns crabs and so on before grilling. The reason is tha tseafoods get roasted easily if it is covered with layers of corn husks.
5. Corn husks are grounded up for tea or used in merengues in desserts. It's also grounded up into a dietary supplements to add fiber to your diet. They are as well used for stuffing mattresses and cushions.
They are also used as a body of a corn-husk doll or for decorations. Corn husks are used in making many types of crafts such as dolls and puppets.
Thanks very much for reading this article.
Please share, like and comment for more.
Content created and supplied by: Senses (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More