Your eyes are covered by eyelids. Your eyelids protect your eyes and bath them in tears to remove dust and harmful bacteria. The cornea , light first passes through the cornea, the clear, protective structure at the front of the eye. The iris, is the colorful part of the eye. It controls the amount of light that enters by opening and closing the pupil. These pupil , is a hole in the iris. The pupil gets bigger in low light and smaller in bright light.
The lens , focuses the light on the retina at the back of the eye. The retina is the part of the eye that contains millions of light - sensitive cells that detect the energy from the light. These cells convert light energy into nerve signals that are sent along the optic nerve to the brain. The brain processes the nerve signals into the images that you see.
Some things you do that can damage your eyes include :
- Rubbing your eyes. - Watching TV at night. - Not getting enough sleep. - Reading without pausing to rest your eyes. - Straining to see in very dim light. - Swimming without goggles. - Over use of eye drops. - Misusing eye makeup. - Smoking. - Looking at digital devices screens with bright light
Common Eye Problems :
Some eye problems , such as colorblindness can't be prevented. Other problems can be prevented. Be careful with your eyes. Eyes can be damaged easily.
Some ways to protect your eyes are listed below :
1. Wear a protective face mask or goggles whenever your eyes could be hit or hurt. Always wear eye protection when working in science labs , when playing sports that could hurt your eyes , or when working with tools.
2. Wear sunglasses to prevent eye damage from the sun.
3. Don't rub your eyes. Rubbing your eyes spread germs from your hand to your eyes , which can lead to infection.
4. Get regular eye exams , and follow your doctor's advice. If you are supposed to wear glasses , wear them.
5. Never wear glasses that are prescribed for someone else.
Thank you for your time.
Content created and supplied by: JkbTek (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More