Herbs and Supplements for Hypertension
Blood Pressure Treatment Alternatives. The following herbs and supplements may be beneficial as alternative hypertension treatments:
2. Fish oil.
5. Coenzyme Q10.
6. Folic acid.
Here are some simple recommendations:
1. Exercise most days of the week. Exercise is the most effective way to lower your blood pressure.
2. Consume a low-sodium diet. Too much sodium (or salt) causes blood pressure to rise.
3. Limit alcohol intake to no more than 1 to 2 drinks per day.
4. Make stress reduction a priority
5. Potassium may be the best known nutritional supplement for blood pressure regulation. Studies suggest that increasing your intake through food or supplements helps reduce high blood pressure levels
6. Citrus fruits. Citrus fruits, including grapefruit, oranges, and lemons, may have powerful blood-pressure-lowering effects. They're loaded with vitamins, minerals, and plant compounds that may help keep your heart healthy by reducing heart disease risk factors like high blood pressure
Avoid foods are high in sodium such as,
1. Processed foods such as lunch meats, sausage, bacon, and ham.
2. Canned soups, bouillon, dried soup mixes.
3. Deli meats.
4. Condiments (catsup, soy sauce, salad dressings).
5. Frozen and boxed mixes for potatoes, rice, and pasta.
6. Snack foods (pretzels, popcorn, peanuts, chips).
Thanks For Reading. Follow Me For More Updates
Content created and supplied by: Trends88 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More