A vaginal yeast infection is a fungal infection that causes irritation, discharge and intense itchiness of the vagina and the vulva. A healthy vagina contains bacteria and some yeast cells. But when the balance of bacteria and yeast changes, the yeast cells can multiply A vaginal yeast infection isn't considered a sexually transmitted infection. But, there's an increased risk of vaginal yeast infection at the time of first regular sexual activity.
1) Itching and irritation in the vagina and vulva
2) A burning sensation, especially during intercourse or while urinating
3) Redness and swelling of the vulva
4) Vaginal pain and soreness
5) Thick, white, odor-free vaginal discharge with a cottage cheese appearance
6) Watery vaginal discharge
Yeast infection prevention
1) Eating a well-balanced diet
2) Eating yogurt or taking supplements with lactobacillus
3) Wearing natural fibers such as cotton, linen, or silk
4) Washing underwear in hot water
5) Replacing feminine products frequently
When do you see your doctor?
1) Your symptoms aren't relieved after treating with over-the-counter antifungal vaginal creams or suppositories
2) You're not sure whether you have a yeast infection
3) You develop other symptoms
4) This is the first time you've had yeast infection symptoms
please comment and share.
Content created and supplied by: SpArK_OJ (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More