They belong to a class of medicines which are used to reduce pain(analgesic), to reduce fever( antipyretic) and to treat inflammation and swelling ( anti-inflammatory)
EXAMPLES OF PAINKILLERS ON THE MARKET:
POPULAR BRANDS ON THE MARKET:
RAPINOL, NAKLOFEN DUO, GEBEDOL, IBUCARP, DICLOFEN, ZULU, KINAPHARMA APC, EFPAC, EZIPEN,
HARMFUL EFFECTS ON YOUR BODY:
1. NSAIDS( Painkillers) bare an increased risk of cardiovascular diseases. Hence an abuse of these medicines increases once risk of Heart attacks and Strokes which may lead to bad health or death.
2. Long term use of NSAIDS( painkillers) have been found to increase the risk of erectile dysfunction by 2.4 times in middle-aged men.
3. Abuse of painkillers tend to increase salt and water retention and thus affects blood pressure regulation. This may lead to Hypertension or worsen a patient's high blood pressure and also cause kidney impairment.
4. The use of Painkillers in pregnancy is of concern as an abuse may lead to preterm birth or miscarriages
5. Drinking alcohol and abusing Painkillers could lead to gastrointestinal bleeding as this can induce ulcers in the stomach.
WHAT TO DO YOU FROM TODAY ONWARDS?
1. Consult your pharmacist for a painkiller( NSAID) for any pains you are experiencing.
2. Adhere to the dosage given by the pharmacist or pharmacy support staff because going above the recommended dose increases the chances of its side effects.
3. Consult your physician or pharmacist when you have other chronic health conditions and will still require a painkiller. This is because some painkillers contain a high amount of salt (sodium) which worsens Blood pressure control in patients with hypertension and other heart diseases.
4. Reduce alcohol intake to the minimum and avoid taking alcohol and painkillers together.
5. Do not combine different brands of pain killers as they may contain same ingredients which will increase the side effects of both medicines which may be fatal.
Content created and supplied by: Bpka~writes (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More