Bacteria are either parasite or saprophytes. The parasitic ones live in the body of the host example humans and cause diseases like typhoid, cholera, and pneumonia, syphilis, gonorrhea, cerebrospinal meningitis (CSM) and tuberculosis. Some usefulness of bacteria are :
1. Saprophytic bacteria are used in compost making. They break down the compost to form humus, which is vital for plant growth and also important in energy transfer within a food chain.
2. They are also used in sewage disposal. Septic tanks and modern sewage work make use of a variety of bacteria and other microorganisms.
3. Most industries use certain bacteria in the the marking of butter and cheese.
4. Bacteria in the large intestines of human beings synthesis Vitamin K ,which is essential for blood clotting.
5. Bacteria are used in a number of industrial processes including the manufacture of Vitamin B12 vinegar, lactic acid and enzymes like amylase and invertase.
Please, before you skip this post, help your friends by clicking and sharing it. Thanks
Content created and supplied by: JosephAniagyei (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform