In a letter dated fifteenth February and routed to its partners, the Director General of the Ghana Health Service, Dr Patrick Kumah-Aboagye encouraged Regional and District Public Health Emergency Committees to incorporate Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) on their plan.
He coordinated that areas, locale, wellbeing offices, port wellbeing units and all line posts especially, along the Western boundary, driving sea shores are to uplift reconnaissance for EVD utilizing the standard case definition.
They are additionally coordinated to help Ghanaians and inhabitants to remember the need to shield themselves from the Ebola Virus Disease.
These defensive measures incorporate;
• Avoid contact with blood and body liquids (pee, salivation, bosom milk, semen, defecation, regurgitation and sweat) of individuals who show side effects of the infection.
• Practice hand cleanliness: regular hand washing with cleanser and under running water or utilize a liquor base sanitizer.
• Do not deal with things that may have interacted with tainted individual's blood or body liquids.
• Avoid contact with dead bodies, remembering taking an interest for memorial service or entombment ceremonies of suspected or affirmed Ebola cases.
• Avoid contact with creatures, (for example, bats, or monkeys) or with crude or half-cooked meat.
• Do not deal with hedge meat (wild creatures chased for food).
• Seek clinical consideration promptly (closest wellbeing office) on the off chance that one creates fever (internal heat level 38°C or above) or different side effects, for example, serious migraine, weariness (feeling exceptionally drained), muscle torment, regurgitating, looseness of the bowels, stomach torment, or unexplained draining or wounding.
CASE DEFINITION OF EVD
SUSPECTED CASE: any individual alive or dead, experiencing or having endured an unexpected beginning of fever (37.8°C or more) and has not reacted to treatment of common sickness in g the territory and has at any rate at least 3 of any of the accompanying signs:
General shortcoming, Vomiting, watery the runs, ridiculous the runs, anorexia (loss of hunger) migraine, stomach torment, muscle or joint torment, trouble in breathing, trouble gulping, hiccups, seeping from nose, gums, skin and so on
Or on the other hand
Any individual who has voyaged or remained in a territory/country that is right now encountering Ebola Virus Disease flare-up inside a time of 21 days before the beginning of side effects, present with unexpected beginning of fever (37.8°C or more) and at any rate 3 of the accompanying indications:
General body shortcoming, heaving, watery loose bowels, wicked the runs, anorexia (loss of craving) migraine, stomach torment, muscle or joint agony, trouble in breathing, trouble in gulping hiccups, seeping from nose, gums, skin and so forth
Or on the other hand Any individual with baffling dying
Or on the other hand Any unexpected, mystifying passing.
Affirmed CASE: A presumed case with lab affirmation (positive IgM immunizer, positive PCR, or viral segregation) or epidemiologic connect to affirmed case or flare-up.
Ebola Virus Disease is a serious frequently lethal ailment in people brought about by the Ebola Virus. The infection is s sent to individuals from wild creatures and spread to human populace through human-to-human transmission. It very well may be communicated through human contact of body liquids of an individual tainted with the infection. The body liquids incorporate; blood, salivation, pee, semen, excrement, upchuck.
Content created and supplied by: Xorli (via Opera News )