Before you proceed with this article kindly follow me by clicking on the follow option
Sleeping sickness is a disease caused by a microscopic parasites of the species trypanasoma Brucei gambiense and trypanasoma rhodesiense. It is usually transmitted by the tsetse fly of glossina species which is found only in rural Africa. It affects the central nervous system which makes it a dangerous disease.
The following are the ways sleeping sickness can be prevented;
1. Always wear long-sleeved shirts of medium weight material in neutral colors that blend with the background environment. Tsetse flies are attracted to bright or dark colors and they can bite through lightweight clothes
2. Inspect vehicles before entering. The flies are attracted to the motion and dust from moving vehicles
3. Lets try and avoid bushes because tsetse flies are less active during hottest part of the day but will bite if disturbed
4. Clearing bushes and tall grasses around homes and dwelling places
5. Use insect repellent to scare away tsetse flies
6. Treat infected persons using suramin, pentamidine or melarsopol
7. And finally, active case finding through population screening, followed by treatment of the infected persons that are identified.
Thank you for reading my article just complete this by liking and commenting on it below
Content created and supplied by: jjlobationisamaestro (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More