Effective diabetic management is essential to prevent or delay the onset of diabetic problems especially diabetic retinopathy .
The diagram below show a normal eye but as you move downward you will see also the affected eye.
Ways to maintain good health of the eye .
1. Wear safety eyewear when appropriate to protect from sight threaten injury .
2. Since ultraviolet radiation risk one to the condition such as macular degeneration and cataracts.
3. Follow your physician instruction on diabetic and hypertensive control since they can affect you eye health .
4. Eating diet rich in fruits, vegetables and antioxidant. Since an anti-oxidant help to slow down eye disease such as macular degeneration .
5. Stopping the habit of smoking since it has the negative effect of worsen the eye disease such as macular degeneration and dry eye .
6. Exercising regularly also help because one with type 2 diabetic need more physical activity to help in the regulation of the blood sugar which in other way helping to promote good eye health .
7. Going for regular check for every year or regularly by the optometrist for early diagnose and treatment .
Content created and supplied by: Dnartgh (via Opera News )