Over the years, the cassava bowl known as gary to Nigerians has become the most common and affordable food in Nigeria. It is food eaten by both the rich and the poor because it is said to have saved lives over the centuries. Gary can be made with hot water and drunk with soup, but it is more often than not made with cold water and consumed with any of the following ingredients. Sugar, Kulikuli, Peanuts, Coconut, Fried Meat or Fish, Cookies, Suya, etc.
Due to the frequency and availability, most people prefer to drink Gary from time to time, especially college students who sometimes see themselves drinking Gary. Most people who drink Gary always drink it with sugar, which they shouldn't, because drinking Gary with sugar regularly has so many side effects that I'm sure most people who use Gary from time to time, don't even notice. You have to stop drinking garri with sugar if you don't want any of the 5 things I list below to happen to you. Please read on.
1) Excessive Weight Gain: You may not like people who are overweight, and you may hate the thought of gaining weight, but you didn't know that drinking gary with sugar regularly will make you gain weight. This occurs because the body constantly has high levels of blood sugar (the end product of carbohydrates). Stop consuming gary and sugar regularly if you don't want to gain weight.
2) Poor Metabolic Health: It is true that carbohydrates are the main source of energy for the human body, but excessive carbohydrate intake can lead to poor metabolism, among other things. Continuous consumption of garri and sugar leads to excessive carbohydrate intake and thus poor metabolic health.
3) Increased Risk of Heart Disease: Heart disease is another side effect of excess carbohydrates in the body. So avoid sugar and gary if you want to live long.
4) Diabetes: Diabetes is a condition in which the body cannot produce insulin from the pancreas. Lack of insulin causes excess blood sugar that is not normal and what causes this inability to produce insulin is excess starch / carbohydrates. Avoid it.
5) Addiction: It is said that too many things are not good. If this is true then it is true that a constant intake of gary and sugar is not good and that is why you should stop. Continuous use can also lead to addiction, making it difficult for you to let go of the habit.
The 5 things above that I mentioned are the reasons why you should stop drinking garri with sugar. If you must drink garri with sugar, make sure you don't drink it regularly.
Content created and supplied by: Bada004 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More