Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurological and developmental disorder that begins early in childhood and lasts throughout a person's life. It influences how a person behaves, learns and interacts with others. This is also known as Asperger syndrome and pervasive developmental disorders.
It is called a "spectrum" disorder for the reason being that, people with ASD can have a range of symptoms.
People with ASD might have the following symptoms:
1. problems talking with you.
2. They might not look you in the eye when you talk to them.
3. They may also have restricted interests and repetitive behaviors.
4. They may spend a lot of time putting things in order, or they may say the same sentence again and again.
5. They may often seem to be in their "own world."
The causes of ASD are not known. Research suggests that both genes and environment play important roles.
There are many ways to increase your child's ability to grow and learn new skills. Starting them early can lead to better results. Treatments include behavior and communication therapies, skills training, and medicines to control symptoms.
It is good to seek your Doctor's advise when you detect these symptoms in your child.
Content created and supplied by: Redeemer1 (via Opera News )