Weight lifting is not just about building muscles. Experts say that weight lifting has various benefits. The following are some of the benefits of lifting weights.
1. Weight lifting helps preserve your bone mass. Bone mass is a measure of the amount of minerals (mostly calcium and phosphorous) contained in a certain volume of bone. Weight lifting can also prevent osteoporosis (a condition marked by decreased bone mass), in which bones become weak and brittle.
2. Weight lifting can improve your mood, strength and help you sleep better.
3. Weight lifting promotes a healthy heart and prevent stroke. A study of 13,000 people found that people who lifted weight had 40-70% lower risk of stroke and heart attack.
4. Weight lifting can improve your posture and balance.
5. Weight lifting can help prevent lifestyle diseases like diabetes (by helping regulate insulin) and hypertension.
Just like any exercise, always remember to start small and build your way up and don't overdo it.
Please follow for more tips like this.
Content created and supplied by: nana2021 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More