Before you proceed with this article kindly follow me by clicking on the follow option
Tuberculosis is an infectious disease caused by two different bacteria called Mycobacterium Tuberculosis and Mycobacterium Africanum thus in humans but there is another one that causes tuberculosis in cattle identified as Mycobacterium bovis.
People Who Are Mostly Susceptible To This Disease are;
1. Young age, especially the first year of life
2. Substance abusers
4. People carrying the HIV/AIDS virus
6. People who are not immunized against the disease
7. Consumption of unpasteurized milk from an infected cow
Mode Of Transmission Or Spread
1. Airborne by droplets of sputum through cough, spitting, singing and talking etc
2. Ingestion of unpasteurized milk from an infected cow.
Signs And Symptoms Of Tuberculosis
1. Persistent cough
2. Chest pains
5. Weight loss
6. Night sweat
8. Difficulties in breathing
How To Prevent Tuberculosis
1. By BCG immunization
2. Good nutrition to boost immune system
3. Good person and environmental hygiene by avoiding indiscriminate coughing, spitting and sneezing without covering the mouth.
4. Educating the public on the disease
5. Pasteurization of milk before consumption
6. Screening of animals and the subsequent infected ones being disposed off
7. Meat inspection by veterinary officers
8. And finally, protecting one's self from contracting HIV/AIDS.
Thank you for reading my article just complete this by liking and commenting on it below
Content created and supplied by: jjlobationisamaestro (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More