5 Things Every Woman Should Know About Yeast Infections
Across the world, there have been many speculation or fictions about yeast infections – but are they true?
Today, I will share with you 5 things that you need to know as a woman when it comes to yeast infection.
According to Medical News Today, “Vaginal yeast infection is a common fungal infection of the genitals. It causes inflammation, irritation, itching and vaginal discharge. It most commonly affects women but men can get it too”.
On average, every 3 out 4 women encounter this health problem once in their lifetime. Yeast infection can occur as a cause of many factors including frequent use of antibiotics and contraceptives.
Pregnancy and poor immune system are also reported to be a cause and having a high blood sugar level that leads to uncontrolled diabetes can also result in the condition.
What You Should Know
1. Yeast infection is not sexually transmitted as many people thought. According to womenshealthmag.com, 81% of respondents thought having sex was a primary cause of yeast infections.
Meanwhile, the infection can be transmitted between partners especially for women who are “sexually active”.
2. Yeast infections are not highly contagious as most women believe. They cannot be acquired through sharing of personal items like towels and others.
3. You cannot escape yeast infection.
There are many ways to avoid or reduce the risk of this infection. According to research, the use of “unscented soaps” and body washes can lower your chance of getting it. Also, wearing breathable undies like the cotton type can help a lot.
4. Your diet can contribute to the infection. For example, eating foods that are low in sugar help to lessen your chance of getting the infection.
Do you know a diabetic patient is at a greater risk of this infection?
5. The treatment of this infection is very cheap and affordable. Across the internet, there are several remedies available that promise to curb the problem.
Leave your comments below.
Kindly share, like and follow us for more.
"Photos used for illustrative purposes only"
Content created and supplied by: Esiama (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More