Okra, also known as lady’s fingers, is a good source of minerals, vitamins, and fiber.
Okra has many health benefits including control diabetes, constipation, cancer, bone health etc.
Health Benefits of Eating Okra:
1. Okra is a ideal food for diabetes. Thanks to fiber and other nutrients, okra proves beneficial in normalizing blood sugar in the body, helping with diabetes. Eat okra to control diabetes.
2. Okra is also good for improving eyesight. It is loaded with vitamin A, which improves vision and prevent eye illness.
3. Eating okra help reducing the appearance of scars and acne, and eliminating wrinkles. It also prevent cells from damage.
4. Okra also very excellent for heart health. By regulating cholesterol levels in the blood, okra can prevent clogging of arteries – protecting us from heart diseases like atherosclerosis.
5. Okra has laxative properties. It help to get rid of constipation and removes toxins from the body.
6. Asthma can also be treated by including lady’s fingers in your meals. People diagnosed with asthma are strongly suggested to consume okra.
7. The high antioxidants in okra helps protect the immune system against harmful free radicals and prevent mutation of cells. Okra has anti cancer properties. In one study, a lectin isolated from okra was capable of instigating cell suicide in breast cancer cells. The growth of breast tumor cells was inhibited by a significant 63%.
How to consume okra:
It is important to wash and dry okras before slicing and preparing.
Chop or slice pods for stewing or frying under low heat oil to soften mucilaginous content.
If possible, you can eat raw okra.
Okra Pods can be pickled and preserved.
You can add okra to your favorite salad.
You can also eat okra with your dishes and prepare with your vegetable.
Like and share this article with your friends and loved ones.
Content created and supplied by: Healthmatics (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More