Our brain controls the who body, when something happen to your brain it affects your body physically. This is because the brain receive information from the whole body, example when someone steps on hot object, the nerve will send the impulses through the spinal cord to the brain. The brain will then tell the person what is happening to him or her feet before the person will be able to take any action.
When someone's brain is affected it affects the person's memory, sometimes the person's speech, co-ordinations, stimulations and other body responses. Sometimes these people are taken care of by specialist in the hospitals, sometimes they are kept in their homes with their family member. The following are some of the things you can do to support such a person at home.
If you are taking care of someone with memory problem, these things may help the person restore confidence, independence and dignity.
1) Be flexible and patient. Help the person to remember what him or her can, don't give the person instructions.
2) Make it easier for him or her to remember new information. For instance, keep new information simply and repeat it often. Break down new activities into small steps.
3) Write down important piece of information.
4) Keep a regular routine. This will help the person feel more secured and make him or her to remember what usually happen during the day. Too much variety and stimulation can be confusing.
5) Give verbal cue than asking questions. For example say:" This is comfort, your sister who has come to see you. Don't say:" This is comfort do you remember who she is?
6) Seek help from friend who have knowledge about the condition.
Thank you very much for reading the article, please share because somebody may need it to help a friend or family member.
Content created and supplied by: kaycidiGh (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More