What is activated charcoal?
Activated charcoal is not the same substance as that found in charcoal bricks or burned pieces of food.
The World Health Organization has approved activated charcoal for the emergency treatment of overdoses or poisonings.
The manufacture of activated charcoal makes it extremely absorbent, allowing it to bind to molecules, ions, or atoms and remove them from dissolved substances.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF THE CHARCOAL:
1. Activated charcoal is used to treat emergency poisonings, reduce intestinal gas (flatulence), lower cholesterol levels, prevent hangover, and treat bile flow problems (cholestasis) during pregnancy.
2. It lowers your high cholesterol:
Attaching itself to cholesterol and bile acids in our digestive system, activated charcoal can help prevent these compounds from moving into the bloodstream.
3. Promotes kidney function:
Activated charcoal promotes kidney function by reducing the number of waste products that your kidneys have to filter.
4. Tooth whitening. This substance is anecdotally said to whiten teeth when used as a mouth rinse or in toothpaste. It’s said to do so by absorbing plaque and other teeth-staining compounds.
5. Gas reduction: reports states that taking activated charcoal 8 hours before an abdominal ultrasound significantly reduces the amount of gas in your gut, making it easier to get a clear ultrasound image.
6. Skin treatments: Applying this substance to your skin is said to treat acne, dandruff, and insect or snake bites.
HOW TO USE ACTIVATED CHARCOAL AT HOME:
You can use it as a powder or make a paste for the facial masque. It can be made into a paste (just as toothpaste) and use for brushing the teeth for teeth whitening. Activated charcoal can be placed in a small bag and kept in a place where you want to neutralize the bad odor.
HOW TO USE FOR HEALTH ISSUES.
*USE IN POWDER FORM: Add a teaspoon inside a glass of water to drink first thing in the morning.
*TO USE AS A PASTE: Add a teaspoon of activated charcoal, a teaspoon of lemon and a teaspoon of water, mix together and your mask is ready.
*Suitable for Ulcer patients.
Content created and supplied by: Opicnews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More