In this current world where social media plays a major in our lives, people constantly get abused through these platforms. A lot of people disguise themselves and use social media as an Avenue for abuse, be mental, verbal or you just name it.
In the Ghanaian society we pay very little attention to our mental health. People get mocked when they talk about their mental health; per society we're all supposed to be mentally strong. The least sign of instability is related to weakness or improper upbringing.
Hence people rarely talk their mental health for the fear of being criticized.
Are you wondering how you'd be able to tell if someone is or has been mentally abused? Here a some pointers.
1. They breakdown during small arguments. Such people are used to having their opinions trashed right before them. They are used to being verbally abused and sometimes leading to physical abuse. During small arguments they are reminded of all their experience and it makes them breakdown.
2. They need a lot of reassurance. Due to past experience, they require a lot of tangible reasons on why they should trust someone.
3. Struggle to put their guard down. In the past when they easily let their guard down, they were taken for granted. Due to this they usually double their walls and scrutinise anyone who tries to go through those walls.
4. Constantly apologise. People who are mentally abused are usually 'weak' people who do not want any trouble. They constantly apologise to avoid another terrible episode of mental abuse.
5. They hide their feelings. Due to experience they try hiding their feelings in order not to expose themselves as being 'weak ' to predators who constantly search for preys to make meals out of them. They have this belief that when they show their feelings they might become easy targets to the many abusers out there.
Thank you so much for reading. Is there any point I didn't add? Feel free to add it in the comment section. Kindly like and share this. Do follow me as well. Keep safe and mask up. Till next time be safe. Bye!!
Content created and supplied by: Mandeiya (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More