Due to our busy work schedules, most of us prefer buying fast food. Without question, fast food joints are spread across the country. The number of people eating "fast food " is growing by leaps and bounds. However, research has revealed the life-threatening effects of eating such food. One study exposes its detrimental effect it can have on the brain. Though, you may feel that you can't do away with 'fast food' this article highlights its effect and eating it in moderation is recommended.
Without further ado, let's dive into the 5 strange reasons/effects of eating fast food.
● Anxiety: Excessive fast food consumption is linked with anxiety symptoms. For example, the refined carbohydrates in it can result in blood sugar fluctuations. This may lead to panic attacks, insomnia, and other symptoms.
● May increase your risk of dementia: Surprisingly, dementia may emerge from eating lots of fatty 'fast food '. This may increase the amount of insulin produced by your pancreas. If the brain develops an insulin resistance, its ability to create and store memories could suffer, increasing dementia risk.
● A decline in learning may occur: A study at RMIT University in Australia found that people who consumed lots of fast food performed more poorly on simple memory exercises.
● You may be prone to depression: Researchers say that people who consumed "fast" food are more likely to be depressed. David Katz, MD, director of Yale University puts it this way: Higher intake of "fast food" may very well increase risks of depression by causing poor health in general.
● You may have mood swings: Research has revealed that too much consumption of 'fast' food could cause your mood to go from bad to worse. One study showed that even though there was no improvement or deterioration in positive moods, participants who already felt down reported feeling worse after eating unhealthily.
Content created and supplied by: healthline.com.org (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More