Grapes have been cultivated for centuries and have been revered by several ancient civilizations as major raw material for winemaking.
There are many types of grapes including green, red, black, yellow and pink. They grow in clusters and come in seeded and seedless varieties. Grapes are grown in temperate climates across the world, including Southern Europe, Africa, Australia and North and South America. Majority of grapes grown in the USA are from California.
Grapes offer a wealth of health benefits due to its high nutrient and antioxidant contents. Here are the health benefits of eating grapes.
1. Grapes provide vitamin K, a fat-soluble vitamin vital for blood clotting.
2. They are also a good source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient and powerful antioxidant necessary for connective tissue health.
3. Grapes help repair the damage to your cells caused by free radicals, which are harmful molecules that cause oxidative stress.
4. Protects against heart disease, lowers blood sugar and protects against the development of cancer.
5. Grapes also contain vitamin C, beta-carotene, quercetin, lutein, lycopene and ellagic acid, which are powerful antioxidants as well.
6. Grapes help extracts or block the growth and spread of breast cancer cells.
7. Compounds found in grapes help protect against high cholesterol levels by decreasing cholesterol absorption.
8.Grapes helps in managing your blood sugar levels over time, which help by reducing the risk of diabetes.
9. Grapes help protect against common eye diseases, including age-related macular degeneration, cataracts and glaucoma.
10.Grapes contain compounds that may improve memory, attention and mood and may protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
11. Grapes contain many nutrients which is important for bone health including calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and vitamin K.
12.Grapes are a good source of vitamin C, which is well known for its beneficial impact on your immune system
13.Grapes activate genes associated with slower aging and longer lifespan.
Share to friends and please kindly follow for more health tip bits. #follow #like # Comment
Content created and supplied by: ErickkHagan (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More