Do you know Typhoid Fever can kill you in less than 30 days? Discussion on Typhoid has to deal with our actions which highly expose us to the dangerous bacterium called Salmonella typhi bacteria.
In most developing countries such as Ghana, diseases like Typhoid Fever are classified as the deadliest diseases killing almost 5 people every minute. Its causative agents as mentioned above lives in contaminated water and foods which gets carried by individuals who drink or eats such foods.
As such, a key way to stay informed and escape the death of typhoid fever is to monitor the kinds of food you eat and so today, after doing some research, I’ve come out with the list of foods you should avoid especially if you are dealing with typhoid fever.
“Foods that are high in fibre should be limited on the typhoid diet to help ease digestion. This includes raw fruits and vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds, and legumes.” – says Healthline.
From the list of foods to avoid, here are 7 groups or categories of foods that you should be cautious about.
1. Raw vegetables: broccoli, kale, cauliflower, cabbage, onions
2. Fruits: dried fruit and raw berries, pineapple, and kiwi
3. Whole grains: quinoa, couscous, barley, buckwheat, brown rice
4. Nuts: almonds, pistachios, macadamia nuts, walnuts
5. Seeds: pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds
6. Legumes: black beans, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas
7. Spicy foods: hot peppers, jalapeños, paprika, cayenne pepper
8. Fatty foods: doughnuts, mozzarella sticks, fried chicken, potato chips, onion rings
How can you get Typhoid fever?
1. If you fail or forget to wash your hands after visiting a contaminated toilet facility.
2. If you eat most kinds of seafood that comes from water bodies that have been contaminated with infectious poo or pee.
3. if you eat raw vegetables that have been fertilized with human waste
4. if you drink or consume contaminated milk
5. Lastly, having oral or ‘[email protected]’ sekz with an infected person.
SHARE AND FOLLOW US FOR MORE
Content created and supplied by: Esiama (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More