The biggest opposition, the National Democratic Congress staged an emergency press conference today at their headquarters. Before the conference it was argued that some of the issues to be tackled will be relating to the hardship in the country and the charges brought against Dr. Ayine by the Chief Justice. Below are some of the excerpts of the press conference. The Press conference was spearheaded by General Secretary, Johnson Asiedu Nketia.
1.We stand with Dr. Ayine against such tyranny. It is deliberate plot by the Chief Justice against the NDC. Nelson Dafeamekor also received a letter to appear before the Legal Council. We know this a plan to fight against the NDC.
2. The NDC is appalled at the nature and posture of the Chief Justice against the NDC in the 2020 elections. He was the same person who stood against the NDC in the 2012 petition. Why was Jean Mensa shielded? Why does Anin Yeboah expect us to have confidence in him when he behaves like this.
3. The NDC is appalled by the way all their interlocutrices were denied. They are equally worried as to why Jean Mensa was denied as an adverse witness to account what her performance in the last election.
4. Dr. Ayine did no wrong and did not violate any rule of lawyers. Neither Dr. Ayine or members of the NDC can be compelled to have trust in the Judiciary. The Chief Justice needs to be reminded that justice emanates from the people and the Judiciary should be independent.
5. This behavior of Chief Justice threatens free speech and undermines the justice system. The Chief Justice seeks to intimidate people. All those reported to the Ghana Legal Council are all aligned to the NDC. Why are the attacks against NDC lawyers?
6. He must withdraw all charges against Dr. Ayine. We are following and will resist all forms of tyranny against us. the Judiciary is not beyond reproach.
Content created and supplied by: Still_Unbeatable (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More