In every day life we keep on learning things that new to us, and there are so many common things that we never knew their names and even most is our body parts. On this article I'm going to list twenty names of things that may surprise you.
1. The space between your eyebrows is called a GLABELLA.
2. The way it smells after it rains is called PETRICHOR.
3. The plastic or metallic coating at the end of your shoelaces is called AGLET.
4. When your stomach rumbles, that's a WAMBLE.
5. The cry of a new born baby is called a VAGITUS.
6. The prongs of a fork are called TINES.
7. The sheen of light that you see when you close your eyes and press your hands on them is called PHOSPHENES.
8. The tiny plastic thing placed in the middle of a pizza box is called BOX TENT.
9. The day after tomorrow is called OVERMORROW.
10. Little toe or finger is called the MINIMUS.
11. The wired cage that holds the cork on a bottle of champagne is called AGRAFFE.
12. The 'na na na' and the 'la la la', which don't have any meaning in the lyrics of any song are called VOCABLES.
13. When you combine a question mark with an exclamation mark (?!), it is referred to as an INTERROBANG.
14. The space between your nostrils is called COLUMELLA NASI.
15. The arm hole in clothes, where the sleeves are sewn is called ARMSCYE.
16. Finding it difficult to get out of bed in the morning is called DYSANIA.
17. Illegible handwriting is called GRIFFONAGE.
18. The dot over "i" or "j" is called TITTLE.
19. That sick feeling you get after eating or drinking too much is called CRAPULENCE.
20. The metal thing used to measure your feet at the shoe store is called BANNOCK DEVICE.
Content created and supplied by: Africamedia.gh (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More