Over the years we have gradually transitioned from the popular use of wood and petroleum stoves to the era of gas and electric stoves, but as we all know, each new technology has its advantages and disadvantages. Using a gas stove is no exception.
Using gas stoves is usually dangerous because of the risks associated with liquefied gas. Liquefied gas is flammable, tends to ignite with each failure.
Here are 5 precautions you should take when cooking on a gas stove or living in a home that has one.
1. Do not smoke when cooking with gas or smoking near bottles: As we often see in gas stations, smoking near flammable gases/liquids is very dangerous as it will explode if any unknown leaks can ignite.
2. Avoid calls when cooking on gas: A very important factor to avoid this is our habit of taking calls anywhere regardless of the risk.
3. Do not shake the gas bottle before use: This aspect is for students, they are the ones who shake the gas bottle to determine the amount of gas. This practice has the potential to explode.
4. Do not leave food on the gas to solve other problems: It is recommended to close the gas cylinder before doing anything else. This will help save you from a possible outbreak.
5. Avoid turning on lights or using other electrical appliances after smelling gas in your home. We recommend that you open windows and doors carefully and then monitor where the gas is coming from.
Remember that the safety of life and property must be our priority.
If you have benefited from this article, feel free to share it with all your friends and family members. Let's save souls together.
Content created and supplied by: Kofi004 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More