Talent is said to be a natural ability or skill. There are a lot of talents. Talk about talent and you think of dancing, singing, sewing, public speaking and a whole lot more. Talent is usually sharpened with the least training.
With almost every human activity there's some kind of talent that exists. There are however some things that require absolutely zero talent. It's not something that's in built. You're wondering if such things exists? Yes they do and here are a few.
1. Being on time. It's something a lot of us as Africans have got to learn. We always do things at our time and lateness is our normal way of life. Being on time speaks well of you and earns you respect. No one is born to be time conscious we all learn. You might as well start teaching yourself to be if you've not.
2. Having passion. Being passionate about something isn't an inborn skill. It's usually nursed. Say something catches your attention then the next thing you find yourself trying to know more about it and you start wanting to get more and more involved. What are you passionate about?
3. Listening. Listening well helps you get all there's to know. In the cause of a discussion or argument it helps you gather stronger points to defeat your opponent. Mind you there's a difference between listening and hearing. Well some people naturally have sharp ears, but even such people aren't talented listeners because listening requires absolutely zero talent at all.
4. Body language. It's a type of nonverbal communication in which physical behaviors, as opposed to words, are used to covey or express the information. Such behavior includes facial expressions, body posture, gestures, eye movement, touch and the use of space. Body language is a universal language. Some may be good at reading it because they pay keen attention to it. You can also be a pro at reading body languages you just have to learn and give yourself time.
5. Being prepared. To be prepared means to plan ahead ;envision how you want it to happen and start working towards it. This requires discipline day in day out to always be prepared. You need to constantly battle with laziness and procrastination. If you'd be honest there's absolutely no talent in this, unless of course you see one.
6. Giving effort. Effort is all that's required to attain success or our desired results. Every plan or dream requires effort to become a reality. If not they forever stay in our heads or on papers. So I ask you does this require effort?
Thank you so much for reading. Is there any point I didn't add? Feel free to add it in the comment section. Kindly like and share this. Do follow me as well. Keep safe and mask up. Till next time be safe. Bye!!
Content created and supplied by: Mandeiya (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More