1.World Vegetarian Day - October 1st: This day is celebrated to create awareness about the benefits of vegetarian lifestyle and encourage others to become vegetarian (abstaining from the consumption of meat).
2. World Teacher’s Day : This is annually celebrated to recognize teachers. It will be celebrated on Tuesday 5th October 2021.The theme for this year's celebration is "Teachers at the heart of education recovery”. The official event will take place at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris.
3. Fire Prevention Day: It will be celebrated at October 9th 2021. This year's theme for the event is "Learn the Sounds of Fire Safety,”.During Fire Prevention Week, children, adults, and teachers learn how to stay safe in case of a fire.
4: World Blindness Awareness Month: It is usually celebrated on second Thursday of October and that will fall on 14th October 2021. Blindness Awareness Month brings a heightened focus on the blind and visually impaired community and the realities of living without sight. The theme for this year's October celebration is love your eyes.
The above listed are global. Let's have a look at Major things to happen in Ghana for this October 2021.
1. President Akuffo-Addo begins one week tour from today, 1st October 2021: He will tour in the Eastern and Ashanti Regions of Ghana.
2. African Music Showcase: It starts from 1st October 2021. The showcase is the brainchild of the Music and Cultural Heritage Foundation (MCHF), which was established in June 2020 with the vision of promoting African music and cultural diversity, as well as to serve as a platform for young people to express their talents
3. Odwira Festival: This festival started on 27 September 2021 and will climax at 3rd October 2021.This festival originated as a celebration of victory over the invincible Ashanti army during the historic battle of Katamansu near Dodowa in 1826 and also to cleanse themselves and ask for protection from their gods.
Content created and supplied by: Currentworldnews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More