So, you’ve gotten past that awkward moment of professing those three little words to each other. Now, you’re wondering how to show your guy once and for all that you love only him. You can show your loyalty through everyday contact with him—both through verbal communication and through your actions. You could also prove how you feel through the way you interact with your wider social circle.
1. Encourage him to spend time with his friends. Being together is not the only way you can show that you love him. Your boyfriend needs his friends and to enjoy things outside of you and the relationship. By encouraging him to go out with his friends, you are showing him that you love him and trust him. Plus, when he returns, you can remind him that you love him and only him by telling him how much you missed him.
Don’t get upset or angry if he wants to go watch a game with his friends. Time apart is good for you both, as is spending time with your friends.
Make sure the time he spends with his friends is realistic. He shouldn’t expect you to never see your friends while he sees his.
If you are living together, leave one another with all the housework while you hang out with your friends. That would be unfair to him or to you.
2. Focus on him instead of social media. It’s okay to spend an hour or so tweeting about the issues of the day, but there’s also a time to call it quits. If you spend time on social media while he's right there with you, you'll make him feel unloved. Rather than checking your phone throughout your date, focus on him. Social media will still be there tomorrow.
Stay present in the moment when you go on dates, eat dinner, or watch television. Enjoy the activity and talk to one another.
If social media is too tempting, then consider turning your phone off. Encourage him to do the same so that both of you could focus on each other.
3. Treat his friends with respect. Be friendly and respectful to his friends. It is important that you form good relationships with his friends because they are important to your boyfriend. However, you shouldn’t flirt with them. If you really love your boyfriend, you will be friendly with his friends but nothing more. Instead, focus your affection on your boyfriend while you are with his friends to remind him he's the only one for you.
It’s okay to offer a friendly hug after you’ve gotten to know them, but softly grazing their arms or standing too close are red flags for flirting. Behavior like this will make your guy think twice about your loyalty.
4. Say nice things about him when he is not around. Talking positively about your boyfriend to other people even when he’s not around is a great way to show your loyalty to him. Friends and family may even repeat some of the nice things you say about your boyfriend back to him when they see him.
Don’t vent about your relationship frustrations to friends and family when he is not around.
5. Don’t cheat. This should go without saying. If you truly love your guy and only him, you won’t go behind his back with someone else. Remain faithful to show him he’s the only one in your heart.
Content created and supplied by: News13 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More