We learn from the Exodus story of how God brought ten plaques against the land of Egypt, all in an effort to liberate His chosen nation, Israel. But interesting enough, each of the ten different plagues was targeted at a specific Egyptian deity. Let us learn of them below:
1. The first plaque of bloody waters was directed against Osiris, the god of the Nile.
2. The second plaque of frogs was against the frog goddess Hekt.
3. The third plaque of lice was against Seb, the earth god.
4. The fourth plaque of beetles (or flies) was against Hatkok, the wife of Osiris.
5. The fifth plaque of cattle disease was against Apis, the sacred bull god.
6. The sixth plaque of boils was against Typhon.
7. The seventh plaque of hail and fire was against Shu, the god of the atmosphere.
8. The eight plaque, locust, was against Serapia, the god who protected Egypt against locust.
9. The ninth plaque of darkness was against Ra, the sun god.
10. The tenth plaque, the death of the firstborn, was an attack on all gods.
The purpose of the plaques was twofold: first to demonstrate to Israel the strength of their God and second to show the Egyptians the total inability of their gods. We serve a living God who is the Supreme of all that exist. There is no God beside Him and will go at all length to save His own. You can become His own today by giving your life to Him by accepting Jesus Christ as Lord over your life. God bless you!
Prince Eric Opare
Content created and supplied by: CMB21 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More