The Minister of Energy, Dr. Matthew Opoku Permpeh, has implored Ghanaians to practice persistence as the public authority is contributing monetary assets towards the updating of the force working framework in the country.
This, he said, would guarantee an effective and dependable force supply to both homegrown and business power shoppers to improve their organizations.
Dr. Opoku Prempeh gave the confirmation when he drove an appointment, involving authorities from the Millennium Development Authority, Electricity Company of Ghana, and Volta River Authority, to examine the Kasoa Bulk Supply Point, on Tuesday.
The country lately has seen regular power cuts, particularly in pieces of the public capital, Accra, bringing about open clamor.
A segment of people, in general, has blamed the public authority for not coming clean with Ghanaians about the influence circumstance and thought that the administration has no cash to purchase fuel for the force plants.
It is in this light that the Energy Minister, in the course of recent weeks, had been visiting some force projects being attempted by the public authority to finishing the blackouts.
The Kasoa BSP is 435 MVA, which is around 50% complete, and expected to improve power supply to Winneba, Mallam, and parts of the Greater Accra and Central districts.
The undertaking is being executed constantly Development Authority (MiDA), under the Ghana Power Compact Two and falls under the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), which the US government gave US$308 million to the public authority of Ghana, to improve its energy needs and check power transmission misfortunes.
Mr. Martin Esson Benjamin, the Chief Executive Officer of MiDA said the Kasoa BSP was being developed by Siemens Engineering at an expense of US$50 million and expected to be finished in August, this year.
He said the development of the Kasoa BSP was ideal, as it would improve power supply to occupants of Mallam, Kasoa, Winneba among others, and would profit around 300, 000 inhabitants in pieces of the Greater Accra and Central areas.
Content created and supplied by: FrancisBoadiNarteyKessie (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More