During pregnancy, circumstances might in arise where you will need to travel from one place to the other. It very well may be to go school, a business journey, conference, clinical reasons among others.
During pregnancy consistently ensure your travel is important before you make a decision to go. This is because at times, where you intend going may very well be postponed or called off. This will lessen your pressure. In case it's expected to take that excursion, Here are a couple of things you ought to consider:
- Travel with your antenatal record book. In an emergency they will refer to it quickly and give you the needed care. It can tell health workers your immediate health needs. It can also save costs since you may have already done some laboratory investigations
- Talk to your doctor or midwife to know if it's safe to travel that distance
- The car or the means of transport should be comfortable. You should be able to turn and stretch your body as well.
- Drink lots of water along to stay hydrated
- To prevent hunger, you can have some nuts, biscuits or fruits to eat while traveling to keep you stable.
- Travel with a support person or build rapport with those around you so they can support you when need be
- The best time to travel is when you are in your second trimester and you feel better. Don't travel when you are sick.
- Be sure the environment you are traveling to has a hospital facility
- It's best to travel during the day so that in case of any eventuality you can get the help you need
- If you are traveling by flight, verify with the airline what you should do and their policy or expectations for pregnant women.
Content created and supplied by: DropshipNews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More