I warmly welcome you to my page where I present to you breaking news from around the world. We aim at tailoring our articles to your interest. Our articles normally discuss trending issues both locally and internationally. We are very much concerned about bringing you closer to the world by keeping you updated on every matter.
That being said, we implore you to follow, share, like, and drop your comments.
Remember, due to our different perspectives, we entreat you to air your opinion on every discussed topic. This will help us to identify your scope of preference.
We will try our level best to serve you better. Remember, your interest is our priority.
Sit back, relax, while we gradually usher you into today's topic.
The concern for every pregnant woman should be about what can be eaten and what can not. Needless to say, what one eats during pregnancy can improve or deteriorate their health and that of the unborn child. It's, therefore, our deepest joy to bring to your doorstep foods that must be avoided during pregnancy. We entreat all pregnant women to carefully consider this article.
Without holding you in suspense, the following are just some foods and beverages that should not be entertained or eaten during pregnancy.
1. Caffeine: When we say caffeine, we are talking about tea, coffee, soft drinks, cocoa, and so forth. Caffeine must be avoided for a reason that it is easily absorbed into the placenta. As a result, high levels build-up due to poor metabolism rate in babies needed to metabolize caffeine. Another reason is that babies and their placentas lack the main enzyme needed to metabolize caffeine.
High caffeine intake during pregnancy has been shown to restrict fetal growth and increase the risk of low birth weight at delivery.
2. Undercooked or raw fish: Raw fish like shellfish are likely to cause viral, bacterial, and parasitic infections. Eating undercooked or raw fish could lead to dehydration and weakness and may affect your baby negatively.
Moreover, undercooked fish contain Listeria infections that can be passed to your baby through the placenta, even if you are not showing any signs of illness. According to Centres of Disease Control and Prevention(CDC), pregnant women are up to 10 times more likely to get infected by Listeria than the general population.
3. Undercooked, raw, and processed meat: Like raw fish, eating undercooked meat increases your risk of infection for several bacteria or parasites such as Listeria, and Toxoplasma. These bacteria may threaten the health of your unborn child, possibly leading to stillbirth or severe neurological illness, including intellectual disability, blindness, and epilepsy.
4. Alcohol: Drinking alcohol during pregnancy is never a good idea and should be avoided. Alcohol can have a severe impact on your baby as it could increase the risk of stillbirth and miscarriage. Even a small amount can impair your baby's brain development. No matter how hard it is, try all you can to stay away from alcohol during pregnancy.
5. Raw eggs: Raw eggs can be contaminated with Salmonella bacteria. Salmonella infection (salmonellosis) is a common bacterial disease that affects the intestinal tract. Salmonella bacteria typically live in animal and human intestines and are shed through feces. Humans become infected most frequently through contaminated water or food. Symptoms of this disease are fever, vomiting, nausea, stomach cramps, and diarrhea. In rare cases, the infection may cause cramps in the uterus, leading to premature birth or stillbirth.
Content created and supplied by: Pharmacy_ (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More