It is not uncommon to want to have firm and perky breasts. Unfortunately, pregnancy, hormone fluctuations, and aging of the breast tissue and skin can easily cause your breasts to sag. While you can quickly achieve dramatic results by consulting a medical professional and possibly having surgery, this is not the only route to getting firmer breasts. Adjusting your lifestyle and posture habits will prevent any further sagging from occurring, and developing a normal exercise routine that targets the chest muscles will lift your breasts over time.
1. Wear supportive sports bras while you exercise. Breasts bounce and stretch with each jump or step. Exercising is a healthy habit for you, but just make sure to wear a fitted sports bra before heading out for a jog. Having the right sports bra will reduce the stress and strain exerted on the breast tissue and chest muscles.
Try and stay away from compression bras that flatten your breasts against your chest wall. Compression bras will help reduce the up and down bouncing, but not the side-to-side movements because the bra is treating your breasts as a single moving unit. Instead, opt for an encapsulation bra that has separate molded cups that will support your breasts’ movement individually.
If you have large breasts, look for underwire sports bras with thick straps.
2. Replace your bras when the supportive bands stretch. If the innermost clasp on the bra no longer provides a tight, supportive fit, it is time to replace them. Breast size can change with hormones, weight fluctuations, and pregnancy, so get sized for a new bra if your current bra is uncomfortable or too loose.
If you normally wear your bra by hooking the loosest clasp, slowly start using the tighter clasps as the bra stretches. As the bra wears over time, this will help you get the most use out of your bra.
Maintain the life of your bras by clasping them before you wash them. If you can’t hand wash them, use the gentle cycle and place them in a mesh laundry bag to avoid stretching them.
3. Avoid exposing your chest to sunlight for long periods of time. Excess tanning without a top on, especially without the use of sunscreen, can dry out the tissue around your breasts and cause it to lose its elasticity. If you want to tan, try doing so sparingly and always wear sunscreen.
4. Practice good posture by keeping your back straight and your shoulders back. Having your back hunched and your shoulders rolled forward will relax your chest muscles and cause your breasts to droop. If this happens regularly, gravity will naturally begin to pull down on your breasts. By simply straightening your posture, you will keep the muscles around your chest toned and lift your breasts.
Place a pillow behind your back if you find yourself slouching in a chair.
If you are sitting on the floor, lean your back against a wall to keep you from hunching over.
5. Sleep on your back. If you favor one side while you sleep, you may find that the elevated breast sags and stretches more than the one against the mattress. By staying on your back, you can keep both breasts firmer longer.
If you wear a bra to sleep, while you may experience the immediate rewards of perkier breasts in the morning, you can actually be doing long-term damage to your breasts. By wearing a bra at night, especially one with an underwire, you are steadily decreasing your breasts’ natural ability to self-lift.
6. Avoid weight fluctuations caused by yo-yo dieting. Going on and off your diet can lead to stretch marks and inelastic skin. When you gain weight, the skin around your breasts stretches. If you quickly lose that gained weight, your breasts may appear to sag more because the skin stretched. Over time, continuous weight fluctuation will cause your skin to lose its elasticity.
Try and come up with a realistic exercise and portion control regime that you will stick to. This will help break the cycle of the yo-yo dieting.
You can have weight fluctuations from causes other than yo-yo dieting, but those reasons like hormone influxes, stress, and illness, may not be within your control to fix. Something like avoiding yo-yo dieting is.
7. Quit smoking to minimize tissue stretching and collagen breakdown. Nicotine breaks down the elastin, which is the elastic connective tissue in the skin around your breasts, and the collagen, which is responsible for making your breasts firm. While quitting smoking might not reverse damage already done to the elastin and collagen, it may stop the sagging process from worsening.
To get started, visit your general physician and discuss ways to begin safely quitting. Quitting smoking can be difficult and put stress on your body until it adjusts to being without nicotine. You want to speak to your doctor about any ongoing conditions or illnesses the stress of quitting might worsen.
8. Apply cold water on your chest. Cold water or even ice can help increase the elasticity of the skin around your breasts. After you have finished showering with hot water, rinse your breasts with cold water.
Using cold water on your breasts works well in addition to a normal exercise routine. Since this method will only help the elasticity of the skin, it will not make your breasts firmer. Firming your breasts will require exercise. 
Content created and supplied by: News13 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More