All women are entitled to Antenatal care and hospital delivery for proper medical attention for safer pregnancy, easy delivery, safe mother and healthy child.
As soon as you notice you are pregnant, start taking folic acid 5mg daily.
Tips to Eating and Staying Healthy During Pregnancy!
1. Don't forget breakfast.
2. Eat a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, fat-free or low-fat dairy products, and protein foods.
3. Choose foods and drinks with less added sugars, saturated fats, and sodium (salt).
4. Limit refined grains and starches, which are in foods like cookies, white bread, and some snack foods.
5. Choose healthy snacks (not meatpie, sausage roll, ice cream, gala).
6. Eat all categories of nuts (groundnut, walnut, almond, cashew nuts etc)
7. Take a prenatal vitamin with iron and folic acid every day.
8. Eat up to 2 average meals a day that contains fish, meat, boiled egg, beans. In other words, eat balance diet.
9. Stay away from soft drinks e.g soda, coloured drinks, it all contains pure sugar.
10. Avoid alcohol.
11. Avoid caffeine
12. Don't smoke
13. Drink at least 2 litres of water a day
14. Make fruit a part of your daily intake
15. Eat vegetables at least 4-5 times a week
16. Empty your bladder as often as the need arises.
17. From 7 months (28 weeks) till your due date, please reduce the quantity and not the quality of your food intake.
18. Do at least 2-3 Ultrasound Scan in your pregnancy to show the well-being of your baby.
19. Be well prepared for the arrival of your new born.
20. Don't ever eat for two. Eat your regular portion.
Please endeavour to attend Antenatal care during your pregnancy.
Content created and supplied by: OsamDanny (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More