What parents say to their wards mostly determines the personalities of the children. Parents ought to be very selective of the words they use towards their kids. Have you ever wondered how that toxic friend of yours will behave if he or she became a parent? Could it be because of how she or he was treated while growing? We should know what to say to kids in our community. Below are some things you should never say to children whether they're yours or not.
1. Using offensive words. "You're short." " You're too fat". "You're too ugly ". Children mostly believe whatever adults tell them, their parents most especially. What we say to then affect their confidence and self esteem. Everytime they look in the mirror, they hear you scream those offensive words and hence they believe that that's who they're.
2. Unnecessary comparison. We're all unique. We ain't perfect. We all have our flaws. Children are still figuring the right from wrong. They're still learning to conform with societal standards and hence might stray away once in a while. Theres no need to compare them to their peers.
3. Making the children feel like burdens. "I wish I used a condom." "I wish I didn't give birth to you ". I personally don't know any heartbreaking words worse than these. Statements like these make children feel they're useless and might start having suicidal thoughts. It makes them feel like they're in the wrong world.
4. Threatening abandonment. Threatening to leave children might let them have abandonment issues. They start to fear that the people they love so much will leave them because of who they're. When they grow up, this believe will be engraved in their minds. They don't really trust the fact that individuals who love them will always be there for them.
5. Empty promises."If you do this, I'll get you that. " But then they don't do it. When adults make false promises to kids, the kids are very confident that they'll fulfill them. When they don't, it breaks the child's trust. It makes the child feel betrayed. The child might end up having trust issues.
Have you ever been a victim of these abuses? How did it feel? Please leave your experiences in the comment section.
Content created and supplied by: Mandeiya (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More