Student loans are monies lend to to college student in order to enable them sort themselves out of financial difficulties at a particular time.
There are couples of requirements a student needs to meet before being able to acquire a student loan.
A valid national and student ID card, and a SSNIT payer guarantor are some of the most common requirements you may be asked to meet at most times.
Student loans have become one of the necessities for most college students these days.
Here are some Factors to consider before you get a student loan.
1. Think carefully about the terms and conditions of the loan: Do not be too happy to have the money in you your pocket, do not rush for the money at all. Please make sure you think about the terms and conditions governing the loan and see if its flexible for you.
2. interest rate: How much interest are you paying for the loan, If the interest rate is higher, then it means you have a big nut to crack. I would advice you always get a loan which comes at a low interest rate.
3. How long the low interest rate is: The given period which you are being given to pay the loan is a very important factor. With a longer period repayment period, your monthly payment will be lower. But with a shorter repayment period, your monthly payments will be higher.
4. What you will use the money for: Please make sure you have a very important thing you will use the money to do. Do not go and take the loan to buy luxurious staff or spend it unnecessarily.
5. Verify that the loan payment has a grace period: Many student loans give you a grace period for a while before starting to pay for the loan. Having such a grace period will enable you have an ample time to prepare very well for the payment.
Remember that, you shall be held responsible for any action being done in contrary to the terms and conditions of the loan.
Think twice, review all rules and regulations concerning the loan and make sure you have a good reason for getting the loan.
Content created and supplied by: ElohaiBusiness (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More