The National Identification Authority (NIA) and the Social Security and National Insurance Trust(SSNIT) have started the initiative to merge the identities of the two cards effective today, Monday 28th June,2021.
It is believed to be part of the digitization process, therefore individuals are urged to merge their SSNIT and NIA numbers to save the stress of carrying many national IDs everywhere you go, thus only the Ghana will be used by mergers for all transactions.
It will also help in the easy identification of nominated dependants.
Individuals will save the cost of processing other identification cards as there is already a payment for the Ghana card.
Lastly, it is also a legal requirement for individuals to undergo the process.
In light of this, i want to guide you through some simple steps to follow to get your SSNIT number and your NIA number merged.
There are two platforms in which can use to undergo the process;
1. Using the website:https://www.ssnit.org.gh
2. Using a mobile short code
In all cases one must have the following requisites as a requirement;
1. An NIA Number
2. A SSNIT Number
3. A registered Mobile Phone Number
4. An active Email address
Lets keep it simple by exploring the mobile short code process.
First of all, it is advisable to check your merging status because the NIA has already merged the SSNIT numbers of individuals who provided their SSNIT details during the NIA registration exercise.
Please follow the steps below to check your merging status before proceeding;
1. Dial the short code *711*9# on your phone
2. Enter option 2 [check merger status]
3. Enter your SSNT or NIA(without the hyphen) number and press the send button.
4. If you receive a feedback as given below then you have to proceed with the merging process but if your number is already merged from the feedback, then you may not have to merge it again.
Now lets consider the merging process if your SSNIT and NIA numbers have not been merged.
1. Againn dial the short code *711*9#
2. Enter option 1 [Merge NIA number with SSNIT number]
3. Enter your SSNT number first and press the send button.
4. Enter your Ghana Card Number without the hyphen in the next prompt and press SEND eg (GHA0000000000)
5. Select Option 1 to finalise the merging of your SSNIT number and Ghana Card Number
6. Wait for a confirmation message.
Note: A message will be sent to your Email account confirming the status of the merging process as given below;
Please leave a comment in the comment section if you are having any difficulty in going through the process and I will gladly offer you with the neccessary guidance. Thanks for being here.
Content created and supplied by: gyeneonline (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More